Tuesday, December 18, 2007

it all began with a hobbit...

...and in 2010 AND 2011, we get to see "The Hobbit" on the big screen. Excuse me while I FREAK OUT with happiness. I may be a dork, but I'm a HAPPY dork.

Despite their previous quarrels, New Line Cinema and Peter Jackson, producer and director of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, reached an agreement to make its prequel, The Hobbit. Just as the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed for 18 months straight, the Hobbit will be broken up into two movies that will be filmed simultaneously. See this article for more details.



Since I read the Hobbit before reading or seeing LOTR, I know that I will most likely love the movies. Bit I wonder how the movies-only fan base will react when they don't see many of their beloved characters in The Hobbit. Only Bilbo, Gandalf, Gollum, and Elrond appear in both the Hobbit and LOTR novels. So unless they pull an Arwen, it's mostly new characters this time around.

Still, this exciting news was a bright spot in the day, so I wanted to share.

No comments: