Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the writer's strike has moved online

According to Google Analytics (the best Google feature ever), people are actually reading my blog. Sweeeet. So I guess I should keep writing, since there's only one entry. I also have to figure out how to do the RSS thing. I really ought to know this by now, as I work at a social networking site.

So it turns out this video I found a couple weeks ago has been pretty big:


I think it's really interesting that the writers are reaching out to the public online. Web 2.0 is getting HUGE. They're on facebook, myspace, youtube... you know, it's like the writers are using the strike to increase their fanbase.

At least some shows are creating entertainment outlets online. If I had more free time, I'd totally join this website from the creaters of The Office Dunder Mifflin Infinity, the online division of Dunder Mifflin, Inc. Paper Company. This site is apparently a spin-off an episode I haven't seen yet that aired earlier this fall. It allows users to apply to a branch at the paper company to earn "SchruteBucks," which are redeemable for The Office-themed products. There are weekly tasks to complete, and if you are successful, you move up in rank in the company. This week's assignment is to design a motivational poster using their photos. Um, ok, forget not having free time, I HAVE to do that one.

No... must apply to internships...

No comments: