Friday, February 29, 2008

Busy busy in LA!

Here's a quick recap of what I've been up to!

President's Day Weekend:

Went to Universal Studios with a bunch of friends, and had a great time. They're doing an amazing promotion where you buy one day and get the entire year free, so now we get to go as often as we want. It's a pretty small park with only two major rides, which is unfortunate, but the studio tour makes it worth it. Wisteria Lane, the street from Desperate Housewives, was closed off, but I can't complain because it means that filming has begun!!
Went horseback riding at the Sunset Ranch, which I would recommend for any tourists in LA. It was sort of scary, as we were riding up on the Hollywood hills, and all the horses insisted on walking right along the edge. But even though I was afraid of dying half the time, it was a lot of fun, and the views were spectacular, so it was definitely worth it!
Checked out the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, which isn't really a big deal, because it was something like my fifth time there. Even though it was a week before the Oscars, they already had the bleachers set up. I took some pictures, and it was just nice to walk around in great weather.
Oscar Weekend
No, I did not go to the Kodak Theater. First of all, I would have had to enter a raffle back in September for a chance to get in the bleachers, which I wasn't aware of at all. Secondly, it was rainy and gross that day, so they had these huge tents set up, so we wouldn't have been able to see anything even if we tried.
The show itself was a bit boring, and the montages looked like they'd been rushed, because I saw a bunch of editing mistakes. But I was very happy that Daniel Day-Lewis won for best actor, and No Country For Old Men is an amazing movie, so I was happy it won for best picture and directors, and that Javier Bardem won best supporting actor. And I loved that Atonement won best original score, it's an amazing soundtrack. I was hoping that Cate Blanchett would win best supporting actress for her performance in I'm Not There and that Ellen Page would win best actress for Juno. And congratulations to Robert Elswit, who won best cinematographer for There Will Be Blood! It was great to hear him talk about his experience with the movie last month.

No comments: