Thursday, February 7, 2008

Stuck in Traffic with Dwight Schrute

As soon as I walked into my internship this morning, one of the editors said to me, "We need you to run an errand first thing." Ugh. I hate driving in LA, so I wasn't too happy with the situation, especially since the office I was going to was right near where I got lost on my way to my Spyglass interview.

So I was driving (well, rather sitting) on Wilshire Blvd., less than a mile away from my destination. It was bumper to bumper, but I needed to get into the right lane. Someone let me in, so I waved that thank-you-for-being-the-only-nice-person-to-let-me-into-the-lane wave. I've made it a habit to look at all the people around m
e when stopped at a red light (you never know, Orlando Bloom and I might someday have a friendly conversation at a traffic light), so I looked in the rearview mirror to see what kind individual was in the car from behind me.

It was Rainn Wilson, the actor who plays Dwight Schrute in The Office.


I was so amused that I immediately called my boyfriend Bryan who watched every episode of The Office with me. When he picked up, I said, "Guess who's in the car right behind me? DWIGHT SCHRUTE!" Bryan thought it was awesome, which it was, even though I have no way to prove it (I had my camera with me, but I was in traffic, and I'd rather, you know, live).

So for future reference, even though he was talking on his cell phone while driving (which is legal in CA), Rainn is quite a courteous driver. And I've finally had a celebrity sighting in LA.

No comments: